Jul 15, 2010

Why Hebrew?



...Because it's the essence of who I am. Before my ancestors were Muslims, Christians or any other religion...or even "Africans" or "Hispanics", they were Hebrew Israelites who later became Jews. My people do not come out of Africa, in the modern sense of the term and conception, but from Palestine itself. God has opened my eyes to this truth. I could not have reached this conclusion any other way. (Ezek. 37:12-14) I know this a bold assertion that will not gain any traction in mainstream circles neither will it fit into the one-dimensional and kaleidoscopic "racial" groupings contrived by the lovely "powers-that-be." This very declaration will bring about an isolation from many: family, friends, and foes alike...but the world must know who the "People of the Book" are. Ironically the "People of the Book" designation was given to the Yahudim (Jews) by the Muslims.

The following scholarly passage got me really thinking about my Hebrew roots in a physical, ancestral sense of the word.

"These facts have peculiar significance when the presence of Judaism among American Negroes is to be considered. Hundreds of thousands of slaves were brought to America from this Western Africa during the days of the traffic, beginning nearly four hundred years ago." The author also shares: “How much more of Judaism survived among West African Negroes in that earlier time? As persecuted communities, they were rather more in danger than other Negroes of being raided by war parties and sold as slaves. It may be considered certain that many partially Judaized Negroes were among the slaves in America.(emphasis added) How many of them might still hold some Jewish customs here is another question." (Godbey, p. 246)

Source:" THE LOST TRIBES A MYTH: SUGGESTIONS TOWARDS REWRITING HEBREW HISTORY"
by Dr. Allen H. Godbey
Duke University Press, 1930
p. 246

Further research affirms this to be proof positive. Quite honestly, I was not seeking this understanding. The revelation came when I started undertaking, at least in my own estimation, an unbiased and comprehensive study of world history. I didn't find it, I believe it found me through the illumination of God's Spirit. These conclusions were not popular then and neither are they now. They are for a future time. (Jer. 50:4-5) What is presented here is too explosive for this present life, but yet I feel an obligation to share it anyway.

I have a renewed interest and burden for my Israelite brethren, mistakenly called "African-Americans." I share the burden of the apostle Paul: "For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen." (Romans 9:3-5)

I am neither a legalist nor an exclusionist. I believe that Christ fulfilled the Law. He did not do away with it but fufilled it (Read the Letter to the Hebrews in its entirety), thus making me free from sin and the rudiments of this world to serve Him, and I also believe that the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is open to all men, regardless of national origin, creed, or other societal category. (Read the Gospel accounts and the Book of Acts in their entirety).

About the Photo:

This is Aleph. It is the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet. Hebrew letters also have numerical values from 1-400. The numerical value for Aleph is 1. Aleph like the number 1 represents God. God is essentially one in essence, purpose, and expression. (Deut 6:4; John 10:30)

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic blog entry. I share your discovery of origins. Though I have not had a DNA test yet, I'm currently exploring my family tree. Yah has revealed this truth to me years ago, but edified it. There is a revival of the land. Like you I'm not an exclusionist, only pursuing lost history from the Middle passage. Thank you and may Yah bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement on the site. I really appreciate it. Would love to speak more with you, at length. Shalom.

    ReplyDelete